December 13, 2001

Quit running around like a...
I heard via the rumor mill Monday that Rooster.com was going belly up. Checked out the site Tuesday AM and noticed that the content was days old (unusual in good times). As I was poking around on the site, they pulled the plug...now there's just a home page with a virtual epitaph.

I worked on the Rooster.com incubation project before it had a name. We only had four people on the project and a lot of ideas that evolved about 50 different ways. I never thought a "business plan" could change so much in such a short time. In the end, it was a brutal, fast-paced 12 months of hard work that taught me a lot. Now I feel I've gained a new membership to a community of people that defined the dawn of the millenium -- those who slaved away on failed dot-coms.

I guess I can say I was there to witness the very beginning and the very end.

No comments: